- What is your favorite color? red
- What is your favorite toy? I don't have one
- What is your favorite fruit? mango
- What is your favorite TV show? I don't have one
- What do you like to eat for lunch? Sandwich with roast beef and swiss cheese
- What is your favorite outfit? I don't have a favorite outfit
- What is your favorite sport? karate
- What is your favorite snack? don't have one
- What is your favorite animal? penguin
- What is your favorite song? Don't have a favorite
- What is your favorite book? The Bridge Home
- Who is your best friend? [Sunshine], [K], [M], [A], [M]
- What is your favorite cereal? oatmeal
- What do you like to do outside? play
- What is your favorite drink? water
- What is your favorite holiday? St. Patrick's Day
- What do you sleep with at night? Stuffed animals
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? oatmeal
- What do you want for your birthday dinner? Bucket O Shrimp
- What do you want to be when you grow up? structural engineer
My Sweet Baby Boy,
We used to to play for hours, you and I. We played anything and everything. You were also so creative, but patient and kind when my creativity didn't match yours. We would build with wood blocks and play with cars. You always let me build anything I wanted. You've always been very easy going like that. When I was pregnant with Sunshine and always sick, we would play games where I could be sitting or laying down. We'd play pirate ship a lot. We sailed the seas of your bedroom and never go tired of the same game because we always had new adventures ahead of us.
When we needed a little down time from all of the play, we would read together. You would sit in my lap and we would read story after story. Thomas the Train stories were your favorite. We would read about those cheeky engines morning, noon, and night. After we read about them, we'd also play trains. It didn't have to be anything fancy, just pushing the trains along the tracks on the train table.
As you got a little older, you were happy with a little more indepence. You could build and play for hours alone. The moment you learned how to read, which was exceptionally early, you would sit and read for hours. You would read all of the wonderful stories we read together and you would read new and exciting stories on your own. I would watch you and I would be so proud, and so sad at the same time. You always still let me play or read to you when I asked, but it was different. This time, you didn't need me.
It was all OK because we still had our bedtime ritual. When you were a tiny baby, I would hold you in my arms, rock you, and sing to you. As you grew up, I would sit on the side of your bed and sing to you. It was always the same songs, in the same order. As more and more time passed and we got busier and busier, our playlist of songs went down to one. Baby Mine. I would sit on your bed, stroke your hair, and sing you Baby Mine. Soon, that one song turned into no songs. I know you'd still let me sit on the side of your bed and sing to you, but you no longer need or want me to.
Each morning when I wake you up, I say, "Good morning, my sweet baby angel. I love you with all of my heart. You are my precious gift from God. It's going to be an amazing day, Little Man." Each morning when I say it, I embrace it because I know that at any moment, it may be the last time. You will be setting your own alarms to get up and won't need me to wake you up. And, before I know it, you'll be off to college where I can't wake you up each day.
You are turning into such an amazing young man. No matter how old you get, you will always be my baby boy. Whatever you face in life, I will be there, supporting you. Even though you no longer need me for a lot of things in your life, I hope that you still want me to be there. However, even when you don't want me there, I'll still be there, waiting, just in case. It's you and me.
Happy Birthday, my Little Man. I love you. Always.
The annual Mother's Day survey. Purple is Sunshine. Red is Monster. I love these answers because kids were not around each other when answering!
1. Something mom always says to you?
Good morning my sweet baby boo. I love you with all my heart. You're such a good little and I'm so proud of you. It's going to be a great day! and You got this!
Good morning my sweet baby angel. I love you with all of my heart. You are my precious gift from God. It's going to be a great day.
2. What makes mom happy?
Hugs and Kisses
3. What makes mom sad?
My attitude to her
4. How does mom make you laugh?
She just does
By being Mommy. With her witty comments.
5. What was mom like as a child?
A good student and a rebel
6. How old is mom?
21 *wink and smile
23 *with a wink and grin
7. How tall is mom?
5'2"....and a half!
8. What is mom’s favorite thing to do?
Play in the summer with [Monster] and me
Be with her family
9. What does mom do when you’re not around?
Helps her family and cleans the house
10. If mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Singing, dancing and being the best mommy ever
11. What is mom really good at?
12. What is mom not very good at?
13. What does mom do for her job?
Works for her family
Helps her family
14. What is mom’s favorite food?
broccoli and bacon and bacon pancakes
15. What makes you proud of mom?
How she balances all our schedules and still makes time for other things we want to do
16. What cartoon character would mom be?
17. What do you and mom do together?
Watch shows that we love, play together, and snuggle
Snuggle, talk, a lot of things
18. How are you and mom the same?
We both love the same shows, we're both very nice
We're the same in a lot of ways. On the exterior, we both have blues on. On the interior, we both love [Girl], we're both caring, we both love each other.
19. How are you and mom different?
She has red hair, I have brown. She has blue eyes, I have brown. She's 21, I'm 10.
She has red hair and I have brown hair
20. How do you know mom loves you?
She tells me and she hugs me and kisses me and by how she forgives me for my mistakes
She tells me every morning, and that means a lot to me.
21. Where is mom’s favorite place to go?
Home with her family
Lake house and Florida